Marc A. Burton joined The Burton Firm in 2012 after practicing with a highly regarded litigation firm in Downtown Miami. He focuses his practice on litigation concentrating on foreclosure, real estate and transactional contracts. A graduate of Boston College Law School, he was awarded the Pro Bono Excellence Award, the only dual degree student to achieve this honor.
- Hillary for America (Clinton Campaign) Voter Protection Team Member: Voter Protection General Election Special Projects Director and Primary Election Regional Voter Protection Director for Palm Beach County
- Obama for America Voter Protection Team Member
- Advocated for veterans seeking better treatment at V.A. clinics and for veterans to receive military honors owed them by the federal government, resulting in numerous veterans receiving such benefits and honors.
- Collaborated with Massachusetts public schools, treatment facilities, and the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families to develop strategies for curriculum and social services to wards of the state that faced academic and disciplinary punishment, resulting in increased and more targeted care for these children.
- Represented children with disabilities in court and with special education programs, including helping a child move back into her home from foster care.
- Administered college outreach program targeting various political students, clubs, and organizations for then-Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Assisted in the production of written opinions published in the Federal Supplement for U.S. District Court Judge James Lawrence King of the Southern District of Florida, and in the Atlantic Reporter for Rhode Island Supreme Court Justice William P. Robinson III.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Education Law
- Juvenile Rights Advocacy Project
- The EdLaw Project
- Yale Club of New York City
- SAG – AFTRA
- Dade County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Education Law Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Delta Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2011
- Boston College, Lynch Graduate School of Education, M.Ed., Curriculum & Instruction, 2011
- New York University, B.S., cum laude, Politics & Media, Culture, and Communication, 2008